Celebrating Our 40 Year Legacy
- Thundermist Health Center is a private, non-profit community health center serving three communities. We have been serving Woonsocket for 40 years, South County (formerly the Health Center of South County) for 38 years, and West Warwick for five years.
Thundermist provides comprehensive health care services in order to meet the needs of each community....This includes:
* Primary medical care, by board certified staff physicians who carry full hospital admitting privileges in our communities of service.
* Dental care by board certified dentists and dental hygienists in our health centers.
* Mental health services in a fully integrated model alongside our medical services.
* Plus, a full in-house pharmacy, through a partnership with CVS/pharmacy, allows patients to take advantage of Section 340B special pricing afforded by the US Public Health Services. CVS pharmacy offers dramatically reduced pricing to our patients at our in-house pharmacy in Woonsocket and at CVS pharmacies located in Wakefield and West Warwick.
At Thundermist, we work to remove barriers. We maintain:
A multilingual staff that can deliver services to Spanish speaking and Laotian speaking patients without reliance on outside translators.
We also maintain a team of social workers who help patients to overcome the social barriers that keep them from good health and good health care. Through the efforts of our social workers, and in partnership with other community agencies, we provide:
* Food assistance through our food pantry in Woonsocket
* Nutritional counseling
* Psychological counseling
* Social service case management
* Extended support services to people living with HIV, home visits, patient education, and community prevention programs.
* Plus, we help our patients obtain services from public assistance programs and other social service agencies.